Good day friends. I’m Jodi and one of the lasses involved in this little beauty blog. I am 24 years old and am currently enjoying being back at college and trying to figure out what the heck is going on with the days being so damned short! Whilst trying to edge my way into the design world, it’s still safe to say I am nearly obsessed with beauty products in a very hidden way since I don’t appear to be sooo much of a beauty-fiend.
When I was perhaps around 3 or 4 I had every Tinkerbell (hollah!) make-up, bath and beauty product available and once got lost in an Edgars store because I was ‘quickly going to look at something’ which was of course the bright pink lipstick in the kids section made by none other than Penny Arcade (total 90’s kid over her). Needless to say my make-up tastes have improved and although I still have a love for bright lippy, I view my face and skin as canvas that I can paint. So here we go. This is before I put my face on:
HOT! When I have time in the morning to make myself appear like a presentable human being, I quickly whack on a couple of products that make me look like a neater version of myself.
- After moisturising the heck out of my skin, I apply my MAC Face and Body in C4. It gives the sheerest coverage so I still look like I have skin, but it’s enough to even out my patchy skin. Since I’m generally on the drier side, this also doesn’t cling to any of my drier patches. I conceal with Mac Pro Longwear Concealer in the shade NC20 and Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealor in Warm Beige and buff it in with an old crease brush.
- Since my eyebrows are already dark, I use a brown eyebrow pencil to fill in any holes I have and neaten up my natural shape. The one I use is Sephora Collection Retractable Brow Pencil – Waterproof in Midnight Brown. It’s got a great texture which stays put really well; so if anyone you know is going overseas near a Sephora, this guy is definitely a winner.
- As a daily blush, The Body Shop’s Limited Edition Roseflower blush is wonderful. Sadly it hasn’t been available for a good while, but any minimal-sparkle fuchsia blush works as well. It give a very soft flush of pink to the cheeks. Because my face is so round, I avoid putting it on the apples of my cheeks and rather just above my contouring. Lately I’ve been using a foundation brush to apply since it gives me a bit more pigment and doesn’t fade away as quickly.
- Next up are eyes. I like just a simple kitten eye with a small flick or a cat eye flick when I accidentally get over enthusiastic. The liquid liner I currently love is the Essence Eyeliner Pen. It’s such a good bargain buy and lasts pretty well. The pen-like tip makes applying both quick but very easy.
- I then slick on a combination of two mascaras: CoverGirl Lash Fusion (similar product available from Max Factor here) and Bourjois 1001 Cils (similar here). This helps with both curl and volume. I’m a fan of big lashes so combining the two helps give it an extra boost. I also get extra volume from applying a few coats of each.
- Finally I swipe Clinique Chubby Stick in Chunky Cherry, which gives a tiny bit of a red sheen with a balm-like texture.
Tah-dah! I look 10 times neater and more inclined to tackle the day feeling productive (but with a cup of coffee of course).