So I am currently on a self-imposed spending ban. I have enough make-up to sponsor the next 10 seasons of Ru Paul’s Drag Race, and enough’s enough! (Pending Jodi bringing me the Urban Decay setting spray from England, but I digress)
Before that came into effect though, I got the deal of the century! 6 Nails Inc colours for R140 = insane. They came in the form of the Nails Inc Christmas Crackers, which are currently on sale at Edgars. In fact a whole lot of brands are on sale there, so go check it out!
Anyhoo, I was super excited to get this because it includes the famous colour Baker Street. Once I’d swatched them all I was pleased to see they all look great on, so this was a great purchase. The pack is obviously made to be split between friends at a christmas party, but I’m selfish so they’re all for meee!
So the shades included were (from left to right):
– Kensington High Street (the perfect deep red wine colour)
– Mayfair Mews (contains holographic fibres in silver and blue/purple)
– Baker Street (bright cobalt blue)
– King’s Road (stunning rose gold in a foil effect)
– Trafalgar Crescent (the best holographic silver glitter polish everrr)
– Marylebone Lane (red glitter, like Dorothy’s ruby slippers in nail polish form)
I’ve tested out almost all of them now, and I’m happy to report that they take about 4 days to chip (not bad at all!) and the colours don’t fade (I do wear them under my Sally Hansen insta-dry topcoat, so that may make a difference).
What nail polish brands do you swear by? I think I’ve found a new favourite! Recommend your favourites to us on twitter @smudgedbeauty!