Happy Thursday dearests!
Have you also had a hectic week? It feels like we all need a bit of a distraction, and some beauty news is what I’m in the mood for. Let’s have a look at what’s happening in the beauty world…
– MAC has once again collaborated with Rihanna to release the Viva Glam Rihanna II, a mauve colour with a frosted finish. This sounds pretty Dynasty to me, but I’m keen to see how people pull it off. It’ll be available in a lipstick and lipglass, and should be in SA in September.
– Stila also has new products coming out, and they’re all stunning! I want all 4 of the ‘Eyes are the Window’ eyeshadow palettes, which look so luxurious in their beautiful yellow, rose and white gold packaging. Each palette has 12 shades and will retail for R495. The Magnificent Metals lip glosses are also launching soon at R235, and are perfect for those of you who love sparkle. Lastly the new Mile High Lashes mascara is coming too (R250), and it promises length and volume for those lashes. The eyeshadow palettes are launching mid-August, the lip glosses in September, and the mascara in October. So get saving!
– Carlton Hair has just launched its new Blow Dry Bars in Cavendish and Canal Walk in Cape Town, and Hyde Park and Melrose Arch in Joburg. All blow dries are R150.
– Stumbled across these beautiful Game of Thrones themed make-up looks by Allison Chase. I think House Lannister is my new everyday work look.
– Topshop has introduced a Freckles pencil to their make-up line. It’s a marbled brown to help create a natural-looking face of freckles. Would you try it?
– Urban Decay has a new Naked palette…the Naked 2 Basics! Just another item to add to my product wishlist that will one day cost me my pension.
What new releases are you excited for?